British Airways was launching direct flights from Colombo to London. Our job was to announce the new route. Our challenge was to set British Airways apart from two competing airlines from Asia. It made sense to drive home the quintessential British experience which no other airline can own.
After this campaign was launched, it was picked up by other markets to promote flights from Tokyo, Japan and Chengdu, China as well. Always nice to see work grow from a tiny tactical ad into something regional.
CG Studio: Ars Thane
1. TEA Also English for water
2. STONEHENGE Was it druids, greeks or aliens? Its history shrouded in mystery makes it so appealing.
3. ROYAL GUARD We dare you to make a royal guard laugh.
4. PHONE BOOTH Once used for phone calls. Now used for photoshoots.
5. RIVER THAMES All that London rain has to go somewhere!
6. DOUBLE-DECKER BUS Hop on, hop off! You have not seen London till you have been on top.
7. NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM Like an antique shop. Only nothing is for sale.
8. ABBEY ROAD Home of UK’s most frequently stolen street sign.
9. PUB Museums of the neighbourhood.
10. FISH & CHIPS Today’s catch in yesterday’s paper.
11. PIE The best thing to put in an English pie is your teeth.
12. OXFORD STREET You have been there in Monopoly. Now see the real thing.
13. BIG BEN The bell in the grandfather of grandfather clocks.
14. BUCKINGHAM PALACE One prince still up for grabs.
15. WEMBLEY STADIUM A cathedral of football and music.
16. THE TUBE Mind the Gap!
17. 30 ST MARY AXE Or the gherkin, as Londoners like to call it.